Monday, August 6, 2012

Anatomy Practice Set 01

I believe that most artist have forgotten the most basic element of art and that is called Anatomy.  I have seen people getting very good with coloring and painting but still lack the basic knowledge of Anatomy.  Probably because human or animal anatomy requires precision.

In cartooning you could do anything you like with your character's form but implementing the correct anatomy on your characters is another story.  A lot of artists become easily frustrated by distortions  and incorrect positioning of body parts.  And by the way, that is one of the reason i have made this blog.  I have very poor knowledge of anatomy myself. 

With this blog i would be able to show you how to create characters with good anatomy by plainly self studying. And also, it would be much easier for me to track down my progress.

As for our reference, i prefer the works of Andrew Loomis.  Here are some works that i have started...